Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Away From Home

I was lucky though because I did not experience much difficulty in acquiring an overseas job. My uncle-in-law who at that time was a chief accountant of the company Kawasaki Helicopter Saudi Arabia - Finance Department helped me get my current job by recommending me to the administrator of the company. A Philippine based recruitment agency, FB Allan processed my papers and I was able to go out of the country as a documented OFW.

    March 23, 1994

  • May 8, 2006
  • My Other Interests
  • My Experience Of Saudi life
  • Philippines Is My True Home

     

    March 23, 1994

    Last Vacation on May 3, 2010

    Last Vacation on May 3, 2010

    When I arrived in my current location on March 23, 1994, I was first employed as a janitor/laborer. That will be my work position for two years and nine months. The management must have noticed my hard work because I was promoted to be a Facility Records Clerk. After some time I was again promoted to be an Analyst/Bookkeeper and this would be my job for nine years and three months.

    May 8, 2006

    The promotion did not stop there. On May 8, 2006, I was assigned as Secretary to the Vice President, then later as an Analyst. At present, the company I am working for assigned me to be the manager of a new showroom that sells home decors. From being a mere janitor, I had gone a long way and one can say that things just get better and better for me.

    My Other Interests

    Aside from working, I also devote some time for my other interests. While employed, I took up a creative writing course via email with the Writer’s Bureau in Manchester London from year 1999-2000. In 2001, I took up Journalism and short story writing course with the ICS, PA, USA.

    My Experience Of Saudi life

    pruel po_facebook My experience of Saudi life can be described as pleasant. I found the Arabs to be friendly and accommodating people. I also enjoy my new environment and was fascinated to see some of Riyadh's treks. Every weekend I go out with my peers for a trek. We had visited Riyadh’s National Museum, the red sand dunes, the hidden valley, the historic kingdom of the first king Saud of Saudi Arabia the Al-Diriyadh; Haer - the only place in Riyadh to experience the nice ambience of water lake and man-made-river, the dates plantation, the olaya which is the business center of Riyadh where the two landmarks the Al-Faisaliah and Kingdom tower are standing robustly, and the Al-Batha market which is known to be the Filipino market - a market for anything and everything.

    Philippines Is My True Home

    Even if it seems to be having the time of my life in Saudi, I still cannot deny that the Philippines is my true home. Among other things, I miss Filipino foods such as lechon, bibingka and sapin-sapin. I also long to celebrate special occasion such as Christmas, New Years, fiestas, etc, with my family and loved ones.

    Hit Daxen and Become our Daxen Partner.

    Enhanced by Zemanta

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment